Automate simulation runs and reduce reporting development time by 75%
BPT-EXT is an Excel reporting tool for steady state and dynamic models, programmed as an Excel add-in, supporting the process simulators UniSim Design, Petro-SIM and HYSYS.
For most reports, results from a process simulation, be it steady state or dynamic, need to be transferred and treated in Excel. For a steady state simulation, this is mostly reporting of stream data and equipment operating parameters, whereas in dynamic cases, usually time series data (strip charts) are the results that are of most interest. In both cases, BPT-EXT provides a practical way to extract and use this information efficiently.
- Efficient data capturing, complete data extraction to Excel in one click
- Automated life cycle simulation
- Automated line sizing calculations
- Mapping process simulator streams to plant line numbers and report rating calculations
- Automated data selection for separator and scrubber sizing
- Life cycle data for pumps, heat exchangers, compressor design
- Specification sheets for different types of equipment, including data from multiple cases
- Tag generation is an example of a utility to easily create process data tables or strip charts
- Trends data extractions
- Case by case comparison at a click
- Consistent trend reporting
If you ever encountered a case where you have a BIG stripchart or process datatable that somehow got corrupted, you will know how welcome it is to be able to regenerate it. It can be done by copy/pasting the content of the corrupted table and a few updates to what was transferred.
Stop developing your own Excel VBA macros!
Your company probably has over a hundred Excel sheets with VBA macros to do 75% of what BPT-EXT does. But, given this is spread over many individual spreadsheets and people, you end up using maybe 10% of what EXT has to offer. BPT provides you with a tool that is cost effective and that is updated frequently. BPT maintains BPT-EXT, accounting both for our internal needs and for the needs of our customers. No need for you to worry that a key person will leave the company and you’ll see your tools become obsolete. If you have an BPT-EXT license and you are faced with a reporting or post processing issue that will take you days to complete, just ask us, we do not take months or years to implement new features.